SAS News and Events
Is your section holding a great event? Are you attending a conference soon? We want to hear from you! Tell us what you're up to and we'll share your story. Submit your news here!
SAS Provides Opportunities to Learn
As part of the SAS continuing efforts to expand our spectroscopy certification and training program we are now providing a series of training seminars, courses and webinars. This training series is intended to provide a simple introduction and grounding in different types of spectroscopy for people that use or are thinking to use spectroscopy in their work or studies. The training series can also serve as a refresher for those people that need reminding of important concepts or tricks and tips in various types of spectroscopy. We will also be covering important subjects like common mistakes and how to avoid them and how to get the most out of spectroscopy in your work. Finally if you or your colleagues want to discuss spectroscopy training in more detail with any of our spectroscopy training mentors please contact the SAS office directly. Below are some of our training courses and webinars already available. Our training offer will be expanded continually over the coming months.
Come back to this page often to see our latest updates:
1. SAS and our spectroscopy training mentors have partnered with Spectroscopy Magazine, to provide introductory webinars to our training capabilities. The first of these webinars was provided by SAS training mentor David Tuschel on August 27. This webinar, “Basic Principles of Raman Spectroscopy with Imaging Applications”, is now available as a free recording video.
2. The second in this series of webinars, “Solving Problems When Using FT-IR”, by SAS training mentor, and former SAS President, Ellen Miseo is is now available as a free recording video.
3. 5 short courses for training oppertunities at SciX 2019, Learn More and Rigister:
- Practical Vibrational Spectroscopy (James A. de Haseth, University of Georgia)
- Spectral Searching (James A. de Haseth, University of Georgia)
- Introduction to Raman Spectroscopy and Imaging (David Tuschel, HORIBA Scientific)
- Problems with FT-IT Spectra and how to Avoid Them (Ellen Miseo, TeakOrigin, Jenni Brigg, Pike Technologies, Gloria Story, P&G)
- Process Analytical Technology: Out of the lab and into the Line (Jim Rydzak, Specere Consulting)
SAS Election of Officers and Governing Board Delegates
The 2019 SAS Election of Officers and Governing Board Delegates has completed.
President: Karl Booksh
Treasurer: Diane Parry
Governing Board Delegates:
SAS Events and Sessions at Our National Meeting During SciX 2019
SciX 2019 will be held October 13-19, 2019 in Palm Springs, CA
Stay tuned for a full list of events
SAS Post-Nominal Letters
Attention SAS Members: Many of you have asked if you could use post-nominal letters representing your membership in SAS after your signature on documents and on websites, etc. We are pleased to announce that you may now begin using the letters MSAS for this purpose for as long as your membership remains active. We hope this will help you promote your society affiliation to the larger community.
Show Your Love of SAS With Our Spirit Wear
I heart SAS campaign!
We want to know why you love SAS! Take a short video with your phone about why you love SAS and we'll post it to our LabTube account!
Why do you love SAS? Tell us and we'll post your video on LabTube!
There's only 2 steps!
1)Have a friend take a quick video of you telling us why you love SAS (make sure you are holding your phone horizontally)
2)Share the video with Anna Donnell, the web editor, via dropbox or google drive Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't wait to see your videos!